Frequently Asked Questions

Below are some questions which may be of assistance

What happens if I have booked a picnic or outside event and its going to rain ?

We unfortunately aren't able to refund in the event of wet weather and we find that reschedules are just too tricky for everyone. 

We always recommend you have a wet weather back up plan. We have a list of venues we work with locally that we can recommend. 

Whats your refund policy?

We are unable to refund in the event of  cancellations. We may be able to offer a credit, however this is based on a case by case basis. 

Do I need a council permit for my event?


Please note that Gold Coast City Council require permits for Commercial Picnic operators to set up an event.  The fines are in excess of $600 for not having a permit (for myself).
Please see the parks which require a $108 permit application fee (they are considered premium wedding destination parks). You will only be charged this fee once the application has been approved. In the event of wet weather the permit fee cannot be refunded.
Harley Park, Mick Schamburg / Ed Hardy parks (North Burleigh), John Laws Park (Burleigh Headland), Len Wort (Currumbin), Pat Fagan (Coolangatta) and Point Danger parks, the full $108 fee will be applied. All other parks will be $35 application fee.  
What about drinking in public?

Please note: It is an offence to drink alcohol or possess an open alcoholic drink in a public place. Police can issue on the spot fines from $117 for liquor offences. If you choose to purchase alcohol and drink it in public, you take whole responsibility of this offence.

How long can I have my picnic set up for?

Klara's House picnics are permitted for 3 hours only,  For private property functions this of course can be negotiated.